Social Worker or Psychologist, Domestic & Family Violence (DFV) Victims Services
Two positions are available. One position will service adult victims of crime and the other position will service children and young people. Based at Family Services House, Shellharbour.
Family Services Australia is at an exciting time in its evolution as a leading Not for Profit community service provider in Australia, based in the Illawarra-Shoalhaven, NSW. In line with our vision to reach further vulnerable members of the community, a unique opportunity has become available for a suitable applicant to provide trauma-informed therapeutic intervention to victims of crime through NSW Justice Victims Services for adults or for children and young people.
Family Services Australia is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified Social Workers or Registered Psychologists to provide Victims Services support to families. This role offers flexible workplace conditions and a supportive team environment. The role will be based at our new premises, Family Services House, Illawarra-Shoalhaven Community Hub, offering six service streams in one location for continuity of care and holistic support options.
– Full registration with applicable Board (e.g., AHPRA; AASW)
– A minimum of 3 years experience as a registered provider of clinical services in their profession
– Demonstrate currency in counselling victims of crime (within the past 2 years)
– Demonstrate currency in trauma-informed professional development
– Demonstrate the ability to assess victims of crime and develop intervention plans
– Have a current clinical supervisor with whom they meet regularly
– Relevant understanding of child protection matters and effective risk management skills
– Excellent prioritization, time and project management ability with a demonstrated capacity to ensure key accountabilities are met
– Demonstrated capacity to implement principles of reflective practice and self-care
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
– Current Working with Children Check number
– Current unrestricted Driver’s Licence
– Existing approval to practice under Victims Services counselling scheme
– Willingness to provide services from other locations within the Illawarra-Shoalhaven
This is a unique opportunity to join a caring, supportive and award-winning community leader who has provided more than 30 years of trusted local support to clients, which is now expanding to increase support to local communities.
All applications are to be received by Monday 29 June, 2020. Please respond with your covering letter, addressing the selection criteria and role applied for, and up to date Resume via email to Stevie-Rae.Kirkland@familyservices.org.au
Further inquiries can be directed Family Services Australia on telephone 1800 372 000 and we will confidentially direct your call.
Thank you sincerely for your consideration, we advise that only final candidates will be contacted.
Rather than send us your Resume to keep on file, please refer to this webpage and apply for appropriate positions when they are available.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION
Read the Position Description
Before you apply, read the position description to determine whether the job is right for you and if you have the right skills and experience for the role. Your Cover Letter, Job Application & Resume should be put into a single document, made into a PDF and uploaded with your details.
This is a short, sharp 1 page document where you write a sentence on the key aspects of the job advertisement. This is your chance to highlight how you are more than capable of doing this job because of your qualifications and experience. Remember – Short & Sharp!
This should be a well edited document, with a paragraph addressing each of the candidate requirements, i.e. the desirable & essential criteria. You need to demonstrate using examples from various roles, how you have met and exceeded these requirements. Each paragraph should have a heading of the criteria being answered, this tells us that you have actually addressed the requirement and shows us where each answer starts and ends. Again –thorough, but not too long!
Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Your resume should be up to date and provide an overview of your work experience, educational qualifications and professional development. This document should be tailored to the role being applied for. It should be no longer than 4 pages. Do not include unnecessary information such as address, age, etc. There is no need to include referees, these details will be asked for at an interview if you are successful.
Many positions also require:
- High level oral and written communication skills
- A current drivers licence
- Australian Federal Police Clearance
- A NSW Working with Children Check Clearance
Benefits Our Staff Enjoy
Being Part of an Inspirational Team
Our team is dedicated, enthusiastic, resourceful and client focused. Our workplace is positive and supportive and encourages genuine collaborative work practices. Family Services Australia enjoys a strong professional reputation within the local community.
Work Life Balance
We are committed to supporting our people to strike the right balance between work and personal life, and respect that family life is vital to most people’s health and happiness. We support and promote a healthy work/life balance, with many roles offering flexible hours, part-time work, job sharing, paid parental leave, family/carer’s leave and other flexible working arrangements.
As a not-for-profit organisation, our employees are able to take advantage of salary packaging receiving up to $15,900 of their salary tax-free.
Participation in our quarterly Community Support Framework 360-degree training and development support appraisals; and regular self-care support.