Employer Engagement Officer, Gold Coast – Workforce Australia Services
About the role
Family Services Australia is seeking a motivated and energetic team member who is passionate about advocating and brokering employment opportunities for our Workforce Australia participants across the Gold Coast region.
Our diverse team comes from a range of backgrounds, and we are looking for people who have the life experience to look beyond the resume and connect with employers to build sustainable outcomes for our participants.
Key accountabilities include:
- Build and foster strong relationships with employers to create opportunities for participants through job carving, job creation, reverse marketing, and employer account management.
- Engage, prepare, and address jobseeker vocational barriers to employment by negotiating education, training and work experience activities in order to meet the skill shortages and local labour market opportunities.
- Lead the brokerage of job placements and post-employment support to enable participants to achieve sustainable long-term employment.
Skills and experience / essential criteria
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in employment support services or related business development role.
- An understanding of the issues/challenges facing participants and employers.
- Demonstrated experience and proven success in a sales, marketing, or business development role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated exposure to challenging conversations with participants, stakeholders and employers.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management with an ability to demonstrate self-reflection, resilience, and accountability within a dynamic target orientated role.
Due to the nature of our customers’ employment support needs, you may be required to work outside of normal business hours (on occasion) and will be required to hold a current driver’s license. All successful candidates will be required to obtain a Police clearance, relevant working with children/vulnerable people clearances and hold a current Drivers Licence.
- Competitive salary package including base salary, superannuation and not-for-profit salary packaging for up to $15,900 tax free;
- Company mobile phone, laptop and vehicle
- Professional, community-focused and person-centered team culture;
- Annual Training, Learning and Development Plan;
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Paid Annual Family Days at Easter and Christmas; and
- Ongoing focus on learning and development through our Quarterly Community Support Framework (CSF) 360-degree appraisals
If you are committed to achieving this exciting career and life opportunity joining our Family @ Work, please apply with an up to date resume and cover letter. Apply early as interviews will be conducted concurrently with this advert, it’s a dynamic setting!
Early applications are encouraged.
For any initial inquiries please contact Samantha Thomas, HR & Recruitment Coordinator on 0408 828 260 or email email@example.com
Thank you sincerely for your consideration, we greatly appreciate your interest in FSA and advise only final preferred candidates will be contacted for next steps in our recruitment process.